When many people think of cosmetic dentistry, they think of tooth whitening or veneers. In reality, this field of dentistry can provide you with so much more. At Ted French, DDS, we care about helping you look and feel your best by improving your smile.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry generally focuses on dental work that improves the appearance of a person’s teeth, bite, or gums. Some of the most common ways to improve the mouth’s appearance include the following:
- Tooth whitening
- Tooth reshaping through the removal of enamel
- Bonding an enamel-like dental material to a tooth’s surface
- Providing dental bridges, or false teeth, to improve dental appearance and correct some bite issues
- Providing veneers for closing gaps or disguising discolored teeth
- Raising and sculpting the gum line with a gum lift
- Opening up a bite through bite reclamation
Why is it Important to Have Nice Teeth?
Whether we like it or not, we are often judged by our looks. A recent study confirms that those who have nice-looking teeth are perceived as being more successful, smarter, and more likely to get dates. In fact, more than half of Americans believe that a person with crooked teeth would be less likely to land a job when up against someone with similar qualifications. Our Professional Dentists can help you create a better first impression while improving your self-esteem at the same time.